Click here to increase or decrease font size: A A A A
Mission organization during
the exploitation phase
The CoRoT project is carried out with an international cooperation.
The French contribution
- The CNES is responsible of the entire system
- The CNES is responsible for the launch contract
- Thales Alenia Space Satellite industrial architect:
- platform supplier,
- satellite engineering,
- satellite AIT,
- launch campaign.
- The CNES is the instrument manager
The instrument is composed of 4 subsystems managed by french laboratories:
- LAM (Marseille),
- Paris-Meudon Observatory,
- IAS (Orsay).
The instrument cooperation
The Ground Segment cooperation
- Spain and Brazil contribute to the Ground Segment.
The GMV company is responsible for the development of the CoRoT Mission Center Software.
Brazil brings the Alcantara earth terminal, and 5 Brazilian engineers/researchers have been seconded to work in France on the development of the User Ground Segment (definition of calibration and data processing methods).
Latest update 02/11/2009